Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A list

I'm working on a list. It's a list of things that I want to do in my life, places I want to go, things I want to experience. Because I am in a pause between careers, I've been doing a lot of taking stock of my life through musings and activities. The most obvious is the cleaning, organizing and repairing I've been doing around the house. The less obvious are my thoughts and the direction they are going. I'm making the best of this time I've been given, this rare break from the race. I see it as a gift as well as a huge nudge from above that there is something else I should be doing. I haven't found that thing yet but I believe, truly believe, that I will.

Anyway, the list. In no particular order, it starts with seeing Led Zeppelin in concert. And it's growing every which way. I'm going to post it on my side bar and when I've accomplished something on it, I'll cross it off. Of course that first one isn't entirely up to me, now is it?

List will be posted tomorrow. Do you have such a list?

3 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I used to...but when it became obvious that the most important thing on there would never happen, I tore it up in disgust. So much for having a plan... the winds can carry me where they may, but there will always be a hole in my heart.

ghost said...

i do wanna see this list. what you like tells alot about what you're like.

Anonymous said...

"What do you do when your real life exceeds your dreams? Keep it to yourself". That line from Broadcast News is how I feel, so I don't have a list. But maybe I should along with you. Can't wait to read yours.
-sdhb