Monday, March 09, 2009

Oh the joys!


My morning and evening walks are good medicine for me. I like to give pause and listen to the sounds going on around me: the ever-busy birds, sometimes the breeze. I like looking at the details. On Sunday, these leaves were not there. This moring it was too dark for me to notice. But this afternoon, they were everywhere, tiny bursts of green exploding all over the branches that just yesterday were brown and bare. This afternoon, the newness, the bright color green of young leaves surrounded me, not only in the two trees in my yard but the neighbor's Sycamore trees and the Wysteria along the fence in the yard down the street. The sudden change is so wonderful, so mysterious and life-affirming. Everything, every little thing is changing, growing in a new direction. It's an awesome season approaching, an amazing time of year, and even though all is in the midst of metamorphosis, nothing is out of place, not even the walker.

Spring! 001 Spring! 005

4 comments:

Reading said...

I ran my hands along the Oleander bushes on my walk yesterday even stopping to watch a bee in one. I love this time of new growth.

Unknown said...

Oh! Wonderful sprouting green things! And your little garden is a dream of peace as well. Please, please keep posting photos of spring in the land of warmth and humidity! Carmon

ghost said...

its about that time again isn't it?

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

This time of year is bliss!