Sunday, March 08, 2009

Top it off with two Advil


To look at this picture, it looks like all I did on this little patio was plant some flowers. My back would like to tell you that it was so much more than that. It started with my unexpected venture into fence repair since the fence company I hired after Ike completely ripped me off by taking my money and only doing half the job. When I took a close look, I realized that I had to get the hammer and nails out. I like hammering though, it's a good way to get out aggression. After securing the boards, I had to build up the washed away earth beneath that table in the back and pour and level the gravel. Finally, I cleaned out the pots and replaced the old soil with fresh, and planted the plants. Then I hauled all the clipped twigs and raked leaves and plant containers out to the trash, gave everything a good soak and patted myself on the back.

I love the feeling of accomplishment when I complete a project. My back, however, does not love that feeling so much.

2 comments:

CreekHiker / HollysFolly said...

I just discovered Thermacare heat wraps... It's like a portable heating pad! They are the MOST AMAZING thing!

ghost said...

i like icey hot. it never lets me down.