Monday, September 26, 2005

Normal

The simple things in life are best, and in those I find the essence of pleasure. An hour of solitude spent walking Cheyenne along Allen Parkway, the stretch of the branch above our path, the show of color and light across the morning sky. One goal or plan or demand after another this month has found me hurrying past too many beautiful times. Certain things are required of us, it is the order of life, but it is the quiet walks in the morning that give my heart a glow and rejuvenate me surer than a long night’s rest. Everything is not duty, and everything is not reaction, and I was reminded of that this morning. Some of it is reward. A reward I never remember earning, and yet is always there. It’s just a matter of my making the time to accept it.

No comments: