Monday, December 19, 2005

The grace that is me

Even though I am able to help a stranger in the Ladies Room start to breathe again - which I did last night - apparently I am not able to safely navigate through my own house. When I got home from dinner last night, I went upstairs to my bathroom and walked right into the open cabinet door. Right into it with my head. I put ice on the bump but when I woke this morning, I had a purple and blue knot the size of a goose egg on my forehead.

You might say that I need to remember to close the cabinets, and I wouldn't disagree with you. But seeing as this is not my first in-home accident, I say I need padding on all sharp corners. After, of course, I say Ouch.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor thing! I've done that more than once in my kitchen. Dark cabinets early in the morning or late at night with the lights low and... Well, you get the idea.

But, I have to admit, I laughed out loud at the image of you putting ice on it this morning with a ruefull look on your face. Been there, done that, made the face.

Anonymous said...

You should invest in a few night lights. They were invented for people like you.