Tuesday, December 13, 2005

What stands between me and ring-ting-tingling is that PetCo chick who likely is not on the fast track to her MBA

Her: Good morning, PetCo River Oaks.

Me: Hi. Do you have dog collars with jingle bells on them?

Her: Um, you mean, like, dog collars with jingle bells on them?

Me: Just like.

I put myself through the pain of that phone call this morning because I cannot locate Cheyenne's jingle bell collar. I've torn the downstairs closet apart looking for it. It's not in the garage, nor in the kitchen drawer where all small items not locked down eventually end up. My friend thinks it might be at her house, feeling sure that if I brought Cheyenne over wearing it last year that she would have removed it immediately.

I normally pull out the collar the day after Thanksgiving but since her surgery in October, we've not been able to go on our walks. I've missed it though. I like the sound of Cheyenne jingling about. And she, well she goes nuts when she hears the bells, dancing about in a feverish circle, doing the breed-defining butt-tuck around the living room. It's difficult to get her to be still long enough to put it on.

This morning her surgeon called with the all-clear for the next step in her post-surgery rehabilitation: We can start our morning walks again! Beginning with four blocks and doubling each week.

Tomorrow morning, 6:45 sharp, listen for those sleigh bells jingling, ring ting tingling too.

4 comments:

Sass said...

That was fun and literally made me laugh out loud in the office. I am truly amazed at the stupidity of people at times.

Glad Cheyenne is better.

Anonymous said...

See? That's why 9 times out of 10 I don't even ask the people who work at stores. I just go find it myself. But, then, the people most suited to work retail jobs are overqualified for them.

Reading said...

I'll check under Isaac's bed in case he kept it for sentimental reasons.

Leesa said...

I used to have those too, but with two dogs they started to drive me crazy :0