Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Merry Winter Solstice, baby

There is something about this December morning, in which the sky is clear, the air crisp, the moon holding on. Everything around me lies quietly under such a sky, peaceful and serene. I turn to the silence and feel the tranquility surrounding me smother the stress and rush of the season. The sun rises in a pink and yellow yawn above downtown. It's absolutely still but for Cheyenne's jingle bells ringing through the park.

I get a feeling that God puts the answers right where we can find them.

I'd like to wrap this moment in pretty paper, tie it up with ribbon, and send it to you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy howdy!
I'm so lucky this year and I have so much to be thankful for and happy about that I wish I could share it with everyone having a rough season.
Hug Cheyenne for me and anyone else that's handy in your life. ;)
Have a very, merry Christmas season.

Anonymous said...

I think you just did. :)