Friday, January 20, 2006

Bless me Father for I'm an idiot

This morning, 0ur Human Resources department circulated personal contact forms for staff to update if necessary. At the bottom of the form was Visa Number / Visa Expiration Date.

I wasn't about to provide that information, and - ready to defend to the end - I wrote a note saying as much.

Ahem...

The HR manager walked into my office to explain it was not that Visa.

Egg on face? Check.

Did I actually wonder why they were only asking for Visa and not AmEx or MasterCard? Yep, I'll admit that as well.

Plans this weekend? To rest my weary blond head.

4 comments:

Sass said...

Laughing with you.

Kind of like the time i walked around Best Buy for an hour looking at Printers thinking I might as well get one that doubles as a fax machine. An hour later it dawned on me

I don't have a phone line at my house.

Adam said...

Someone has to make the joke about what kind of note you wrote for the "sex" question! I hope you have called the lawyers off of that harassment suit. Hey...at least they are asking for green cards...
Blonde: I was born in the U.S.
Friend: Oh really, what part?
Blonde: All of me, silly.

Leesa said...

That's pretty funny :) I actually thought the same thing when I read it.

Bird On A Line said...

Niiiice. (I would have done the same thing!)