Monday, January 16, 2006

Let me spell it out for you: R-e-d-u-n-d-a-n-t

By definition, arson, is a crime. And crimes are, by nature, against the law, right? Right. I've heard of taking a bite out of crime, but banning crime? The powers that be in this great city in which I live apparently think it a good idea, or that we're all a bunch of idiots. Evidence can be found on the electronic notice boards situated on every freeway and normally used to let drivers know traffic conditions or Amber Alerts. Lately though, the boards have been utilized to announce something else: ARSON/BURN BAN IN EFFECT. Right, got it. Residents and guests alike, be warned: in Texas, there is a ban on outdoor fires. In Houston, there's a ban on arson. When it's lifted, feel free to break out your matches once again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am SO glad that it wasn't just me! I kept thinking, "So, when this is over, arson will be LEGAL?"

Ah, civil servants, gotta' love 'em!

tinyhands said...

See, it feels good to make fun of Houston.

Anonymous said...

This was just taken off today. Anybody got a picture of one of these boards.