Saturday, April 22, 2006

New arrival

It is with great joy that I announce the arrival of my Nikon D70 (from here on out, referred to as my bundle of joy, or BOJ) at 2:30 pm Thursday, April 20, 2005. Weighing one pound, two ounces, and measuring just over five inches long, BOJ arrived safely, with all three perfect lenses and three perfect filters. I believe we will have a very happy life together.

Right here is where I give you a heads up to the harsh reality of the real world that can be found in the next paragraph.

Like many things in life, the timing of BOJ's arrival is not without its own form of irony. BOJ arrived Thursday afternoon and on Friday I had surgery on my left wrist and elbow, resulting in my arm and hand being less than eager, not to mention completely unable, to grab a focus ring and turn. So, for the time being, I have ample time to get acquainted with BOJ's Guidance Manual (as the good folks at Nikon call it) and prepare for what must be a written exam with special certification initials after my last name on the line because the manual is that big and the knowledge within that detailed and that challenging. (Previous sentence is only slight exageration.) Alas, unless I'm studying, until this contraption on my left arm comes off, it'll be one-handed or tripod-shooting for me. Still though, I was able to shoot these and although not brilliant because they're in full automatic point-and-shoot mode, I'm nonetheess feeling so good about them that I just might be able to skip my next pain pill. Well, maybe.

First pics 005 First pics 015 First pics 004

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the photos look good to me. heres to you and your new joy.

Sass said...

Congrats on the new arrival. We're looking forward to seeing more photos.

Anonymous said...

Well, the one-handed shots are quite nice, so I'm sure your faithful readers will adore the "real deal".
I hope you'll review the camera after you have a chance to use it more, so that those of us who aspire to something better than the camera on our cell phones have something to lust after.