Monday, April 02, 2007

April therapy

The greatest beauty exists in the smallest things. April brings these things to me. In this month, nature unfolds into exquisite forms, delicate and promising. The fence along my yard and the bed beneath it are now covered with tiny flowers, and these flowers whisper to me. I can take all the worries that I carry inside my head, the pain inside this heart, and walk outside my front door to the fence and this bursting scene of life and scent, and allow the annual miracles that they are to work on my heart. And I feel joy. And that is the end of the conflict. Just with these new flowers.

DSC_0013 DSC_0008 DSC_0007

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alison, what a great sentiment. And these pictures are wonderful. My daughter does that same thing with hers...blurs the background and leaves the flower sharp...it's so dramatic. I have to learn how to do that - I love it.

Duly Inspired said...

Jackie,

Thank you. If you use a telephoto lens, selecting a large aperature setting will give you a short depth of field, or blurred background. I like the look as well.

Linda@VS said...

Really nice photos, Alison. I can almost smell the flowers.

ghost said...

being from west texas the scenery doesnt change with the seasons. i say that and know it is not the truth but the changes are not as dramatic as in other places. west texas is harsh and hot and dry and i love it. spring only meant more wind and more dirt and more brutality to come with in the summer months. since ive been living here in north texas i have come to appreciate the new beauty of spring. weve had so much rain lately. and now the entire world is green green green. warm and comforting.