Monday, April 09, 2007

Numbers I like

A good friend of mine just called with the news that she passed her NASD Series 7 Exam with an 87. That score translates to flying colors. I believe that something like only 65% of those who take the exam pass the first time, and the majority percentage of those do so with a score of 76 or thereabouts.

So my friend was on the phone grinning away with the fact that she not only passed the exam on her first try, but also has discovered that she is above average.

I never had any doubt she'd do this. She's been studying for this exam for the past six weeks and by studying, I don't mean casual reading, I mean face buried in the book, highlighters and note cards and practice tests. A couple weeks ago, she read me a paragraph, a single paragraph, from her study guide and I wanted to run out of her house and keep running until I reached my own house where I could shut the door and lock it against that string of sentences pounding in my ear and furrowing my brow. I understood the meaning of every word, but together, I had no idea what the paragraph meant.

So, yeah, based on my single paragraph experience with that exam, she's above average to be sure. And, congratulations to her.

There's that, and the fact that I just read the back of the bag of lettuce I chomped through for lunch. Twenty calories. For the entire bag.

File this under: Happy days!

1 comment:

Reading said...

Thanks for the kudos. Now I can get down to what matters most~ The Girls Next Door, reading blogs in my spare time and reading ANYTHING that does not involve securities or options.