Sunday, April 29, 2007

The truth in the game

What if you were mine? What if I could be with you again? What if you loved me still?

But for tonight, I would love you.

But for tonight, I would stay with you.

I would believe in you.

But not forever, just for tonight.

I would lay here with you.

I would believe in you.

But when the sun hits your eyes, I'll be nothing and nowhere.

Just for the night.

Give me this, won't you?

Give me this night. You. Me. Us.

Let me pretend, just for tonight.

3 comments:

ghost said...

you deserve more than just tonight, alison. don't settle.

Anonymous said...

This post left me heartbroken.....for you, and the "other", whomever the "other" is. I've been to the place you speak of. But morning came, and after all these years, I still remember the pain. Sometimes the "timing" is not right in our lives, and sometimes it never will be, but on a brighter note, sometimes it is. After 5 years of what I thought was the most unbearable pain I could ever go through, my love came to me free of his baggage. BECAUSE, we knew it was true love...and we treated it as if it were a fine piece of art, we finally made a home for it, after our journeys, and we display it proudly.
Gods peace to you.
Maypoles-of-life

Anonymous said...

Alison, seems to me the "truth" is that it would only bring more pain and prolong the healing.

But then there is 'anonymous' who invested FIVE YEARS of unbearable pain - before getting to keep her 'morning' - so who am I to say?
We all make our own choices.