Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Recognizing the smiles as our own

Last night I sat at a round table with familiar faces in celebration of a friend's birthday. One of the faces was that of her 89 year old grandmother, who regaled us with a few stories, one in particular about her brush with Castro at an airport. We were like children, wide-eyed and excited, feasting on her story, rapt with laughter. I felt happy and lucky to call this group of women my friends, to be sitting at that table at that moment, with that exact group of people. I felt my heart beating happiness.

It's nights like last night that keep the bounce in my step and the smile on my face.

2 comments:

ghost said...

and we all need a little bounce in our step dont we. im glad youve got yours.

those old timers can really spin a yarn can't they?

Anonymous said...

That's great you had a wonderful night. I need one of those soon and will get one this weekend in Chicago with a few of my friends. Since you were just there is there any place i should make it a point to visit?

ps. finally talked to my dad - having dinner with him monday.