Thursday, May 17, 2007

By saying coincidence, I mean to say sucky reminders I didn't invite into my day

Something was going to happen today. Something I believed in and wanted very much. I was going to do something, be somewhere. I was not going to be alone there. I don't mind so much being alone here but I did wake up this morning and realize the date and I was tempted to get in a funk about it but really didn't want to, so I injected myself with a dose of que sera sera attitude and got on with my morning.

This morning's crossword had the clue, Actress Sommer. The 4-letter answer was Elke. Means nothing to you but that was my nickname. It is symbolism in boxed cap letters. But, since I decided que sera sera, then whatevs.

But wait, more awaited me. Hello? On my way to work, this. I'm not seeking coincidence, promise. But shit, it shows up.

DSC_0001

I mean, seriously, when's the last time anyone but he and I thought about Elke Sommer?

2 comments:

Linda@VS said...

I'm glad you didn't let the disappointment -- or the bizarre coincidence -- ruin your day. Good for you!

ghost said...

i have to admit im totally lost.