Monday, May 07, 2007

Big return on five bucks

I'm in love. Yep, it's true. I have indeed found the perfect... jukebox. Seriously, options abundant. Michael Jackson not one of them. Keb Mo? He was present and telling me I'm Amazing. Tom Petty? Check. Fleetwood Mac? A must have. Pretenders and 10,000 Maniacs. Yummy. Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash and Pat Green. I played a selection from each, along the lines of hurricanes and rings of fire and taking me out dancing. But let's get down to the core reasons why I love this particular jukebox. All that and still there was Meatloaf, and Earth, Wind and Fire, Al Green, Clapton and Bob Seger. All jukeboxes must have Eric Clapton and Bob Seger. This is a rule written in stone. It matters not one bit that the rule and the stone are only located in my mind.

Did I mention the Eagles?

So there you have it. The perfect jukebox. I gladly poured five one dollar bills into it the other night. A night that I was a little bit emotional and a whole lot tired, a hot night at the end of a long day that was humid and still and horribly telling of the kind of summer it will be. When my first selection played, the night cooled off, my mood changed and I felt rejuvenated. The night became about the music, the music, ah that music that makes me feel so damn good.

Well, that icy cold margarita might have added to the feeling.

1 comment:

ghost said...

you know, ive always dreamed of having the perfect jukebox in a play room at the house i want to build.