Saturday, May 19, 2007

The Management

Taped to the back of the door in the ladies restroom at PetCo is a sign asking that you, as the valued customer, notice anything needing attention in the bathroom, to please notify the General Manager. Beneath the notice is the sign-off, "Thank You, The Management"

Right beside that sign is another sign taped on the back of the door requesting that if you, as the valued customer notice anything needing attention in the bathroom, to please notify any member of the PetCo Family Team Members. Beneath the notice is the sign-off, "Thank you, General Manager"

I cannot tell if the GM is 1) empowering the team, 2) making it easier on the valued customer if they need to notify someone, 3) passing the responsibility downhill, or 4) deciding to do things his/her own way and not the Management's way. But I do know that I wished I had my trusty Black Sharpie with me so that I could write: "I, as a valued customer, want the management, general or otherwise, to please take down one of these signs. And you're out of toilet paper."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Alison, I've been gone too long - I really missed your writing! You make me 'feel' all your words - whether you are writing from your heart, or your 'flip' side! When I read you, I smile, I frown, I feel. And I like that alot.

ghost said...

this is why i carry a sharpie on me at all times. well, its not the only reason. but we dont talk about that much.