Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Butterflies

It's 10:00 in the morning and you have come to the office with wet hair. Passing each other in the hall, we stop to chat, wishing happy new year, asking about Christmas, etc. I can't keep my eyes off your hair, your wet hair. It breaks a barrier and I find my thoughts to be of your morning routine, of imagining what that is like. It doesn't help that you wear jeans and a white t-shirt, doesn't help at all. You look like Saturday morning, not Wednesday.

Standing in the office corridor with you, this is where my thoughts are. I start to mumble. My head feels light, my cheeks begin to redden. I'm sorry, what were you saying?

I had hoped this would pass with the year 2007.

2 comments:

Network Geek said...

So, you've got it bad for this guy? Well, if he's not married or engaged, why not ask him out for lunch or drinks? Trust me, men love it when women ask them out!
If you work over in the Galleria area, I can suggest a nice sushi place on Westheimer.

ghost said...

hmmmmm. why the blush, alison? ::smile::