Wednesday, March 07, 2007

And one more

Why am I in Sacramento? Work, of course. If I were seeking the big trees on my own dime, I'd have flown into SFO, rented a convertible and taken a drive north. I'm here with a team of five who are working 15+ hour days developing our response to a request for a proposal for a large scale project across the country. It's an enormous opportunity for my company and, of our competition on this effort, we are the most qualified, hands down. But we have to show it. This is the part of my job that brings out all my heart and the best of my skills. I don't mind the hours, what I love is being on the team, developing our approach, and pulling together the information that shows a client or potential client exactly why we are the best choice for the particular project or program for which they are seeking our company's qualifications.

Promoting and selling this company I believe in is the best part of my job. Working for a company I believe in is the best part of my career.

Being sent out here and getting to take morning walks among trees like this? That's just the icing I drag my finger though and taste along the way.

P1000020

4 comments:

Reading said...

Pretttty! Hope you are having fun. Flo and Shiny are great. See you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it must be nice to work for a company you can believe in. I wish I could say the same instead of just collecting a paycheck.

Good luck with your proposal.

Anonymous said...

i have cake like that everyday, though mine looks less like trees and mor elike the lightbulb comng on in some kid's head.

Anonymous said...

You are so fortunate to love what you are earning a living doing. Tho those days sound daunting. Glad you're getting some 'icing', too, beautiful picture. Good luck with winning the contract.