Friday, March 02, 2007

On the Southside (which means nothing to you or me, but cracks them up)

Sunny day, open windows, furry brown companion, long drive on wide open Texas roads, my niece, the park, the lake, dinner with some faces familiar and some new. Laughter always warms the same.

All of it good stuff. Really good stuff.

DSC_0008 DSC_0028
DSC_0021 DSC_0032
DSC_0026 DSC_0031

On my pillow at the hotel, a folded card. I open it to read these words: In the world there are only two tragedies. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." That, from Oscar Wilde.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time, Alison. Looks like your furry friend did, too! I love that fence - I want it at my house!

Linda@VS said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the time with your niece. Your photos are beautiful--especially the one of the fenceposts and shadows.