Monday, March 05, 2007

Little Brown Mad Dog

I'm off to California in a few hours. Hey, that was a pretty fun sentence to write. I'm going to write it again... I'm off to California in a few hours. Specifically, I'm going to Sacramento, a city I've not been to before. In addition to being the capital and all, the city is known as the City of Trees, which if you've known me for longer than five minutes then you know sounds like my kind of place. We'll see. My hotel is next to a park and on the banks of the Sacramento river. My camera is in my suitcase.

Two friends are keeping the girl at their house while I'm away. They like to dress her up sometimes and send me photos of her looking miserable in beautiful scarves tied around her neck, or her head. They also enjoy tickling her feet, which generally pisses her off good.

Which brings me to this photo, the other face of my little brown girl. She's all bark and no bite but would you look at that face. Just look at how seriously she takes herself. Mess with her feet and this is what you get. Still, I look at that face and my heart melts. And then I laugh. Because she does take herself that seriously.

Mad Dog

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why are you in sacremento?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Linda@VS said...

Oh, wow, that can't be Cheyenne! It must be her evil twin. LOL!

Have a good trip, Alison. I look forward to the photos.