Thursday, March 01, 2007

Martius

HeLLO March! It's you! Welcome back. I'm so happy to have you here. To know your Redbud trees, Tulip Trees and Azaleas will soon be popping up in color everywhere. To hear your songbirds, and to be in your time where all your new life buds and springs upwards all around me. I know your longer days of sunshine are just around the corner, as is the official change from gloomy Winter to sweet Spring. And, of course, your March Madness -- a frenzy which I always get caught up in. I even look forward to your St. Patrick's Day, because just the idea of green beer makes me giggle.

I was so relieved to turn the calendar page this morning that I gazed at your days and rubbed my hand across your weeks, closed my eyes and took a deep breath that was actually more a deep sigh of relief than simply the intake of oxygen. Being out of February is an enormous comfort for me. I feel stronger just by being able to now refer to February as last month. If I could do cartwheels, I would do them today. Often, and in public.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

why cant you do cartwheels?

Duly Inspired said...

Because I can't do everything.

Anonymous said...

And if I could do cartwheels - I would do one for you!! Happy March!