Wednesday, June 15, 2005

The car is a stage and I'll be back for an encore

The older I get, the more I appreciate Jackson Browne as a lyricist. You just cannot fully comprehend his genius until you've been around the block a few times.

'Cause I have wandered through this world
And as each moment has unfurled
I've been waiting to awaken from these dreams
People go just where they will
I never noticed them until I got this feeling
That it's later than it seems.

Doctor My Eyes. I was searching for a traffic report on the way to work and caught the song at the first notes. It's been a long while since I've driven to work with the volume as loud as it was, and my steering wheel pulling double duty as a drum set. Oh yeah. It's a damn shame that I have zero musical talent because I really am a rock musician at heart.

No comments: