Friday, June 24, 2005

Forbidden

There are some loves that are real and present and breathe a life of their own in your heart without your control, but they're not allowed for whatever reason. And by whatever reason I mean that I'm not going to write it down here but some reasons are valid and right and so personal that you never ever give voice to them. And as much as it hurts, it is what it is and you know that you have to walk away or you won't be able to live with yourself and, if you stay, you'll take a lot of people down. And you won't do that because you know that love should never take people down. So you leave it all and you go forth without it. But you remember. For him, I say that I heard this song today. And I remembered.

Never is a moment

In the vastness of this world
Baby you are so unique
From your pouty little mouth
To your pretty little peaks
From your head down to your toes
You are beautiful divine
And there never is a moment
That you are not on my mind

Circumstances cast our fate
Maybe wrong, maybe right
Though you're dreams and miles away
I try to reach you through this night
If you hear music in the wind
I hope my melody you'll find
Because there never is a moment
That you are not on my mind

Jimmy LaFave

No comments: