Saturday, April 09, 2005

For these things I thank thee

The good:


  • Tom Petty & the Heart Breakers on the CD player
  • Fantastic breeze moving through the house
  • Artichokes steaming on the stove
  • Halibut and Red Snapper for dinner - Sharon is getting busy on prepping it all right now
  • Wind chimes fixed
  • Kitchen lighting replaced, repaired and cleaned
  • Lawn watered
  • All three dogs ate dinner tonight and not a one threw up
  • My brother and sister-in-law have returned from Hawaii and I've spoken with them and it was good to hear their voices and know they are home. I missed them.
  • Spoke with Mom and my niece - all is well in Houston
  • Having extra clothes at the cabin. Because sometimes the dogs drop the darn tennis ball into the armadillo hole beneath the stairs and they cannot get it so I have to crawl under the stairs and put my entire arm down that hole (eeeuwwwwww!) and retrieve it since we cannot find another ball and all three of them are whining all about it. And let me tell you, when you get down under there and put your arm down in it, you get dirty. Extra clothes are a good thing.
  • We have perfectly allotted our champagne and wine for this trip
  • The baby pool on the porch that the dogs keep jumping into and turning about in and cooling off in -- it cost $5.00 last summer and that's as almost free as you can get. It means that they don't have to have baths tonight. Tomorrow before we get on the road though, well, that's a different story.

The bad:

  • That armadillo hole, for one
  • We have not perfectly allotted our cigarettes for this trip. I say we but the truth is that I did not.

The ugly:

  • Tomorrow is Sunday, which means we'll have to leave.

Note:

  • Very nice when the scales are so lopsided toward the good side. *grin*

No comments: