Thursday, April 07, 2005

Today's count

Ten things that bring a smile this morning:

1. Waking up before my alarm clock
2. Watching the sun rise
3. Seeing the bright green leaves glow in the sunshine
4. Feeling on my skin the cool temperature outside
5. Reading today's paper – because Thursday has the Preview and Neighborhood sections
6. Remembering that I packed today’s lunch last night, so I don’t have to think about it this morning
7. Seeing the Mexican Heather and Confederate Jasmine along my fence, robust and healthy and smelling divine
8. Enjoying the perfect cup of coffee that I somehow managed to make
9. Looking forward to having dinner with a dear friend this evening
10. Thinking about how tomorrow I’ll be heading to the cabin for the weekend
10. Thinking about how tomorrow I’ll be heading to the cabin for the weekend*

* The last one warrants repeating since it brings a particularly grand smile to my face. That and the use of color!

No comments: